Prevo Health Solutions Announces Top 10 America's Healthiest Clubs for 2014
Wellness programs of private clubs nationwide evaluated for Fitness, Nutrition, Staff, Members and Facilities.
Prevo Health Solutions is proud to recognize the Top 10 "America's Healthiest Clubs" for 2014.
- Ocean Reef Club - Key Largo, FL. Paul Astbury President
- Woodfield Country Club - Boca Raton, FL. Eben Molloy General Manager
- Bethesda Country Club – Bethesda, MD. Brad Cance General Manager
- Broken Sound Club - Boca Raton, FL. John Crean General Manager
- The Reserve Club - Indian Wells, CA. Craig Surdy General Manager
- Desert Highlands Golf Club – Scottsdale, AZ. Terra Waldron General Manager
- The Landings Club – Savannah, GA. Steven Freund Executive Director
- The Club at Mediterra– Naples, FL. Tom Wallace III General Manager
- John's Island Club - Vero Beach, FL. Brian Kroh General Manager
- Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club - Palo Alto, CA. Dirk Zander General Manager
Ocean Reef Club continues to improve employee wellness programming and moved up from second place in 2013 to first place in 2014. Woodfield, Bethesda and Broken Sound tied for second place by making continued improvements to their employee wellness programs.
The Landings Club, a newcomer in 2014, edged out The Club at Mediterra with its comprehensive L.E.A.F. (Life Extension and Fulfillment) initiative. Steven Freund, Executive Director of The Landings Club, and his team of passionate team members offers nearly 100 "clubs-within-the-club" in conjunction with the Skidaway Island Community. Together they offer biking, hiking, walking and other activity based activities to help members and employees get active.
The top 10 clubs shared five things in common, in order of importance.
- Leaders have a written Strategic Wellness Plan and Mission Statement
- Vision to move from a Fitness mentality to a Wellness and Life-Enhancement philosophy
- Farm-to-Table program that focuses on local, seasonal and organic foods
- Collaboration among department heads to create relevant programming and activities
- Financial commitment to Employee Health & Wellness
Share this article: