Top 6 Things to Tell Your Travel Agent While Planning Your Destination Wedding and Honeymoon
You sat down together, took various quizzes, ran the numbers, talked to your parents, and finally know: a destination wedding is perfect for you. Now you need to actually pull it off, and that's where working with a travel professional can help you plan the wedding and honeymoon of your dreams. In order to successfully plan the most important event of your life, you need to share the right information with your travel agent. Vacation created a list to help you get started (http://bit.ly/2xikcWZ).
"We often refer to travel agents as dream makers and miracle workers," said Vacation's Brian Hegarty. "But just like any professional, they need the couple's help in order to plan the perfect destination wedding and honeymoon. You wouldn't expect a personal chef to create a memorable meal without telling them your favorite foods and dietary restrictions; similarly, the more couples communicate their list of needs and wants with their travel agent, the happier they'll be with their wedding and honeymoon. Since Vacation is the go-to spot for couples seeking destination wedding guidance, we're happy to share our tried-and-true tips so everyone can have the best experience possible."
Vacation encourages engaged couples to ask themselves about the following topics and share the answers with their destination wedding and honeymoon travel professional:
- Guest Count: Even if it's an estimate, it helps your agent provide initial recommendations.
- Guest Origins: Where will your guests be flying in from? One of the best things a travel agent can assist with is booking group air, hotel and ground transportation. Not only does it make travel easier, but also it can save everyone money and time. Especially the engaged couple.
- Kids or No Kids: Will your dream day be a multi-generational family affair or a swank adults-only soiree? Your travel expert needs to know to help you select the perfect venue.
- Money, money, money: If your wedding guests have varying budgets, don't be shy about telling your travel agent. This is something they want to know so they can ensure your guests travel in the manner they can afford.
- VIP List: Although every guest matters, there are some that you'll want to provide with extra special attention. Your travel agent can help secure upgrades and extra amenities to surprise and delight these guests.
- Honeymoon Plans: Once you've said "I do" and danced the night away, what's your plan? If you were getting married at home, you'd be jetting off to your honeymoon, but with a destination wedding, the "what's next" question can be a little trickier. You might opt to keep the party going with your nearest and dearest for a few more days, or escape to another destination for some time with just the two of you. Your travel agent can provide options for either scenario.
"When it comes to destination weddings, you have the added complexity of planning a vacation for you and your guests as well as planning your dream wedding day," commented Hegarty. "That's when a destination wedding specialist becomes invaluable. They not only advise on the best destinations and venues for your specific needs, but also they also communicate with your guests directly and book all travel arrangements for the entire group. And when emergencies arise or changes need to be made, they are the person everyone knows to call. Having that level of support during what can be a stressful time for couples makes a huge difference in the overall experience."
Vacation is a celebration of why people travel and its six categories—including Play (Adventures + Events), Unwind (Resorts + Spas), Bond (Families + Groups), Celebrate (Weddings + Honeymoons), Savor (Food + Wine), and Explore (Destinations + Cultures)—are filled with rich content. The articles, online quizzes, videos, infographics, and podcasts are designed to help modern travelers plan a vacay they're going to love. In fact, it will be Love at First Travel. #LoveUrVacay
Vacation inspires, informs and guides travelers throughout their planning process, making every step—from researching a destination to connecting with the ideal travel expert—as rewarding as possible. The content-rich website is powered by Travel Leaders Group (www.travelleadersgroup.com), one of the industry's largest travel agency companies, with annual sales over $21 billion through over 7,000 locations. Check out Vacation at www.vacation.com or on social media at #LoveUrVacay.
Share this article: