5 Relaxing UK Getaways For Couples
We’re big fans of city living. But, after the year we’ve had, everyone needs a change of scenery or a slower pace every now and again.
Enter these cosy (and actually really cool) cabins in the UK countryside. The architectural wonders range from rustic log cabins and luxury woodland shacks to a eco-friendly huts. Whether you’re looking for a luxe retreat, want to get back to basics or fancy swerving the rest of humanity for a while, an escape to one of these hideaways is just the ticket.
The Lake District Love Shack
The Lake District Love Shack, a truly unique couples' getaway that blends luxury and sustainability seamlessly.
- Sustainable and luxury getaway nestled into the woodlands
- Stunning views of Lake Windermer and the Lake District
- Open-plan living area with modern kitchen and dining section
- Private garden with timber terrace, firepit and hammock
- Cosy detached studio with sofa, record player and vinyl collection
- Visit nearby Windermere, Ulverston, Cockermouth and Ambleside
The Beach Hut
nr. Plymouth, Devon
Delightful off-grid South Devon beach hut in the most jaw dropping location with a hot tub, barbecue and its own private beach - The ultimate romantic bolthole.
- Unbeatable views of the sea from the hut and the outdoor hot tub
- Perfect for 2 – a loft-style double bed can be found above the living area
- Close to Plymouth, Dartmoor National Park and numerous fine beaches
- Keep warm inside – a woodburner and gas hob ensure a cosy stay and hot meals
Brook House Tree Cabins
Stunning hand-crafted Tree Cabins that offer the height of tranquil luxury in rural Herefordshire
- Soak in the open-air roll-top bath on your cabin’s veranda
- Cosy and full of character, each cabin has a warming log-burner and is fully insulated
- Ask about Yoga and woodworking courses on site
- Go for long country walks and visit excellent local pubs and pretty villages
- A short drive from Bromyard with the beautiful Malvern Hills close by
- Get meals delivered direct to your cabin or get a barbecue started
Mardu near Clun, Shropshire
Wonderfully unique oak lodge for couples nestled in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - Explore enchanting woodland, rolling hills and trickling streams.
- Beautiful open plan lodge with comfy furniture, modern kitchen, and fabulous dining terrace
- Sat in an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty surrounded by gorgeous green countryside and offering couples a truly wonderful romantic escape.
- Wildlife enthusiasts can spot roe deer, buzzards, curlew, fallow, redpolls and linnets in the hills and woods dotted around Offa’s Pitch.
- Unique living space that is filled with character and has been designed be as memorable as it is comfortable.
- No streetlights nearby lead to beautiful starry skies on clear nights.
- Great for cycling, hiking and rambling, with fields, valleys, hills and forests all around.
Luxurious, hand-crafted log cabins nestled in the spectacular scenery of the Scottish Highlands for an eco-friendly escape.
- Unique, hand-crafted log cabins, each with its own character and spectacular views of the Highlands.
- With Eagle Brae’s Carbon Payback Scheme, a carbon neutral holiday is possible.
- 8,000 acres of pristine Scottish Highland to explore with a whole host of outdoor activities, from clay pigeon shooting to dog sledding available.
- A welcome hamper, full of treats, will be waiting for your arrival to help kick-start your
Share this article: